10/16/07

I'm not sure what the weather has been like in your neck of the woods, but around here, it's down-right warm. The days have been in the 80's. Warm for October in the northeast. And with the warm weather comes mowing the lawn since it's still thinks it's summer. Evy loves to mow the lawn with daddy. And here he is mowing our neighbors lawn.


The nights do get chilly. Over the weekend it went down into the 40's after the sun went down. But the temperature quickly rebounds when the sun comes up in the morning :-)
Today we decided to take a walk. Before we left the house I thought that we could take our dog Veda with us. We use one of those retractable leases for her. As I was approaching the front door, Evy opened it wide and Veda bolted out the door with retractable lease in toe. It slipped out of my had. Now, I must tell you it was a funny site. Veda is an Italian Greyhound Chihuahua mix. So she is small. The leash handle is almost as tall as her. She ran out the door with us running behind her. The leash was dangling between her legs, making her run bow legged, but not deterring her one bit. I ran to her twice almost grabbing her but got away. Finally I gave up. She took about a thirty minute trot around the corner and came home exhausted trying to negotiate the dangling handle between her legs. At one point, as I was running up the street to get her I burst out laughing thinking how funny we must have looked. Even Evy was running! The picture below is when she first took off with Evy running behind. The black figure out in front of Evy on the pavement is Veda.

Daddy takes Evy to gymnastics every week. It's Daddy Evy time...
Future Olympian With all his friends at gymnastics





4 comments:

Courtney said...

Your blog looks GREAT!

Kathy said...

Cool new look. I'm confused on the names to the left side though as it says Asher 2 from China?? Or am I reading that wrong?

I remember mom & tots gymnastics! Now we are in hot shots!

Pops and Nana said...

Thanks Kathy for pointing that out to me. It's supposed to say Evy. I'm using our nick-names for privacy issues. There's alot more people looking at my blog and I was feeling alittle uncomfortable about using the kids real names. I don't really care about me and Brad so much but I like Pops(or Pop-pop) and Nana. And that's what the Grandkids call us. Eventually I'll be deleting our Archives too. Terry

GWEN OATSVALL said...

the new blog looks great !!