12/4/07

Our Weeks Events...

It's been a long time since we lit Avent candles. We used to do it while our oldest 3 children were young to teach them about the birth of Christ and the anticipation of his return. There are many treasured memories. And now we've reinstated it! I'm excited too. Of course we don't do it like everyone else. We just "go with the flow" of our family so it works for us. First of all, the first candle is supposed to be lit on Sunday and continue on the 4 Sundays before Christmas. Well, this year we lit our first candle on Tuesday :) Pop's work schedule prevented us from doing it until then. Who cares. We had a nice family time. Unfortunitely, my oldest son wasn't home. But I'm hoping for candle #2 he can be here and maybe play the guitar and have some worship time together. We actually lite our candle at dinner time and after we ate we had devotions and prayer. Evy also got a new Veggie Tales Nativity he played with while hearing about Jesus' birth. We prayed for orphans and asked God to protect and provide for them. And thanked Him. And as we wait for His return we ask that he will lead us and guide us with His Holy Spirit and show us how we are to help needy children all over the world.

Camera Timers are Great! I'm glad I figured it out finally!
Evy also went to the Hospital the other day for his CT scan. He gets these every three months along with monthly bloodwork. Poor baby, he hates it. They sedate him and the whole experience is pooey. We are praying we will no longer need to do this. He has an oncology appointment next week...we'll see what Dr Griffen says about that.
We Decorated one of our trees this week. Evy thought it was really fun! He had all the beads on one section of the tree. I ran to get my camera but realized I left it in the frozen car. When I brought it in the house it took 10 minutes to "defrost". By then he had taken the beads off and I missed the moment. But here's a couple others...



4 comments:

Kathy said...

It sounds like you had a very special time together.

Evan and Asher are going to be sooooo cute together!!

Kathy said...

I commented on this yesterday but it looks like you didn't get it. I probably got those weird letters wrong and didn't realize it!

It looks like you had a very special time together. I bet Evan and Asher are going to be soooo much fun together!! You are going to have one lively house!

Terry said...

HI Kathy, I never got a message there was a comment. For either one. I just happen to be adding something tonight and noticed your comments need to be ok'd...sorry! I hope it doesn't happen again with blogspot!

Kathy said...

You know, for about four days I haven't gotten e-mails when messages were posted. I wonder if the blogger site is having problems!