1/8/08

We Gotta Be Close...

Well, I know of at least one file that was released from IBESR, file number was in the 15xxx's, in January so far. Our # is 15xxx so I'm getting antsy. Please pray that I keep my sanity this month.

Our church is praying and fasting this month and me as well. As a matter of fact, our whole house is...except for Evy. I know that God is speaking amazing things into our lives. We are really going through some difficult growing pains. But I just know that there must be a reason for it. It's a good thing. And it will produce good fruit. It takes alot of pruning to produce fresh, healthy growth.

I remember when I was a little girl and our family moved into a new home. In the back yard there was an old rose garden. Over time, the roses became overgrown, unattractive, and didn't really grow many flowers. One early spring (it may have been fall, I can't remember), my mom cut those bushes so far down I thought she had killed them. But by next summer we had the most beautiful roses of many different colors. And you could just smell the fragrance as you walked into the yard.

The hindrinces that the Lord has pruned out of our lives, and is still pruning, is in many ways like pruning those flowerless bushes. And once the pruning is done it may seem as though there is nothing left. But as we witness the new growth come forth, we will soon find healthy, beautiful and fruitful blooms emerging from our lives.

Our household is being prepared for our new son to come home. I know it will be in His timing that our peanut will be here. I'm confident that it will be sooner than later. I'm believing God. And staying faithful to His call.

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Yay! Feel free to borrow my verse for the year. It's out of context because it's in Samuel's farewell to the Israelites but we do tend to take verses from here and there and apply them to us so...
1 Samuel 12:16
"Now then, stand still and see this great thing the LORD is about to do before your eyes!

About Our Family said...

Sometimes the Lord will give us a word from scripture that applies to our situation! Even if it is out of context...And I love this one! Lets pray we hear good news very soon...Terry

Courtney said...

I am praying too. I hope we all hear soon!!

Thanks for the great post and awesome reminder of why God allows these hard times in life.

Thanks too for the sweet comments and prayers for our situation. Your faith was such an encouragement to me!

Kim said...

I just came across your blog...how long have you been in IBESR? We must have gone in around the same time. We went in Sept 26 and are praying that Elijah will be signed out very soon as well. I will keep you and other families in my prayers.
Kim

About Our Family said...

Courtney, you love for these kids inspires me. I told Brad that I want a huge family...he was silent:-)

Kim, We went in Aug 31st. Do you have a blog? I'd love to keep in touch! Thank you for your prayers. We all need to pray and support one another...Terry

About Our Family said...

KIm, I just realized that I've already been to your blog! Hehe! Terry

One Happy Momma said...

Terry -

Prayers being sent your way, that you will hear soon. Once again you and your entire family inspire me.

Blessings -

Cathy