2/29/08

I Just Want An Answer...


...I've come to the conclusion that our Haitian Adoption journey could very well end without out Peanut. I've guarded my heart throughout this process. But it still kills me to think he will be the one who truly suffers if they don't allow us to become his family. I've tried to stay positive, but like I said, I've been very guarded. I read this on a fellow adoptive family's blog. They are in dispense along with us. They have 3 biological children as well:

"...called IBESR today again and our file is still in dispense with 125 other families. The way I understand it is that the president has told IBESR to figure out what to do..."

It goes on to say that IBESR is frustrated with the situation. Really, what does this mean? I'm praying that we will have an answer to this situation. One way or the other, we are prepared. We've been prepared. But the "limbo" is deadly to our hearts. So we will put our trust in Jesus for our little man. That his life will be lived out in the strength of Jesus Christ. We believe we can give him all the love and comfort and nutrition he needs as well as an education that will enable him to "do something" in his world. To make a difference. But I hold loosely to my own ideas...and I pray to always be motivated by God.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8&9

6 comments:

Nate and Brenda said...

It makes me so sad that the kids are always the ones caught while governments cannot make up their mind.

by the way I LOVE that song by Hillsong united! Awesome

The Haiti Lady said...

My heart breaks for you guys, along with all the families who wait. I have a family waiting for Presidential Dispensation for marriage length. The IBESR 'was' doing its job, it the jerk at Parquet that is causing all the trouble....prayers for all of you!
LeAnne The Haiti Lady

Renee said...

Hang in there! In the past 26 months that i have been in the Haitian adoption world I have seen things change so much. IBESR was a breeze, then horrible to pretty good, now icky again...ready to be on a roll again. Each office along the way has it's ups and downs. There used to be no MOI...then MOI took forever, now it's to the somewhat tolerable timeframe. I am thinking, hoping and praying that they will get their acts together and start signing. I am praying for all the stuck files...meaning sweet kids waiting for their families.
Hugs,
Renee

Kathy said...

I'm hoping it means they will just sign us all through since dispense is the final step in IBESR.

Our Family Adventure said...

When we called last month, we were told our file was waiting for a legalized birth certificate. I'm assuming since we are in dispense now that they got that worked out. Praying we all hear something soon!

Wife to the Rockstar said...

I am so sorry you are still waiting. I hope you get good news soon!!