5/13/08

China Quake

I know I said in my last post that I would not be posting until vacation. But I feel like I need to request prayer for this horrible tragedy in China. If you are unaware you can on this link for information:EARTHQUAKE


Every time I turn around the death toll goes up. And I don't see an end to it. Most of the region is in the Mountains and hard to get to. And thousand of people are unaccounted for. Whole towns have been buried. My son's orphanage, in a neighboring province, was damaged and they are now living in tents for safty. Although there were deaths in the county, the children and staff of Hanzhong SWI are safe and unharmed. Pray for those who have been devastated by this tragic event.


Here is a map of the Area: Map

If you are interested in helping relief effort in China, go to this link:Caring For China

Caring for China is a Christian organization already in China and works with my sons former SWI. You can see all they do when you visit the website. Here are some pictures of the Hanzhong SWI, living in tents.


2 comments:

Kathy said...

It's really sad. I hope the children were spared. If not, they'll be dancing on streets of gold.

Nichole said...

Well said Kathy...thank you for the call to prayer Terry, I needed the reminder again tonight to do just that for those who may not even believe there's anyone to pray to.