6/30/08

Don't Cry Baby, Momma's comin' soon!


Well, the June update is here. Asher really doesn't look very happy. We are currently in Parquet along with 13 other files from our O. It can take up to 10 months in this office but I've seen as little as 2...you never know.

I have booked my airline tickets and and rescheduled Evan's surgery. I made my I600 signing appointment with the USCIS in Haiti. Now I will gather my paperwork, go shopping and pack!

I will update in August how my trip went with my first meeting with Asher. I pray all goes well. I'm very nervous about flying alone but the Lord is my strength. I will be meeting a team of people in Miami.

A couple of months ago, I felt the Lord speaking to my heart about going to Haiti this summer. I felt it was time to go. But I didn't realize that I would be leaving Brad and Evan home. I really struggled with the idea of going without Evan. I have never been away from him since he's been home from China. I went back and forth, Maybe Brad should go, Maybe I should go...But after really spending some time with the Lord I knew I was supposed to go. I kept looking for some kind of "sign" and never really got one. But I've been praying about being obedient to God and faithful to what he is asking me, and what he has told me is to "walk". In faith, walk. When God called Abraham, he told him to go, so he went not even knowing where he was going. I don't always know where I'm going, or how everything will work out, but I want to "go". I want to be obedient.

What does this have to do with going to Haiti? I'm afraid of the unknown. I fear not having everything all figured out. What if Asher hates me? What if Evan gets sick when I'm gone? What if Evan regresses and goes back into his shell because of the separation? But the Lord told me to walk. Trust. Believe that He is taking care of us. These children are His. I just need to look to Him and be obedient.

Pray requests:

-That Evan will be ok with my absence
-That I will make the connecting flight in Miami on the 19th.
-The Lord to prepare Asher's heart for his Momma and ease the pain of separation. May my brief presence in his life have no adverse effects but help to promote bonding
-For Brad and Evan at home to have a sweet time of male bonding
-That I will stay healthy and that Asher will also be healthy
-for our file to move quickly through parquet along with the 13 others
-for the files in IBESR to be released, especially those that have waited too long already
-my 20 year old going to Guatamala on a mission trip on the 23rd of July and for the whole team.

10 comments:

Lisa said...

I didn't realize this would be your first trip. Praying right along with you! I'll see you in Miami!

Renee said...

I am so excited for you and for Asher. You will be very blessed on this trip i am sure. Getting to hold Asher will be worth it!! I pray all goes well!
love,
Renee
Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Kathy said...

I'm glad you're going!

The Sohmer Family said...

You are in our prayers!

We can't wait to see how things go by following your blog.

with love,
The Sohmer's

One Happy Momma said...

I know you have mixed feelings with going, but I know you are also excited to see Asher! You are the best momma ever! Sending prayers your way.

Blessings and love -

Cathy

GWEN OATSVALL said...

i will pray !!!! i know this will be a struggle ... i have travel w/out my spouse both times to get our girls and will probably do the same when I eventually go to Ethiopia ... You will do great ... I pray Asher will know your voice !!!

kayder1996 said...

"What ifs" will be the death of me! I have an overactive imagination that usually results in much worrying over things that will probably never happen. Prayers said right now that you will feel God's reassuring presence as you prepare and travel.
Kayla

stephanie garcia said...

We are also taking our first trip to Haiti on August 19 to meet our boys!

Could you please tell me how you made your USCIS appointment? Also, I have been trying to get details regarding what is actually needed for filing the I-600 in person, such as:

-What supporting documents must you have in hand?
-Can you make an appointment prior to arriving in Haiti?
-Do you have to notarize the I-600 prior to taking it to Haiti, and if so, what exactly are you notarizing and do you re-sign the document in Haiti?

If you have any insights to share, I would greatly appreciate them! Thank you!

Stephanie Garcia
http://iansadoption.blogspot.com

A Momma in Waiting... said...

Hi Stephanie, you don't need it notorized unless your husband isn't going because you'll be signing the form in front of them. If he isn't going then you only need his sig. notorized.

Here is the email I recieved from our adoption liason as to how to make the appointment:
"They accept calls after 2 p.m. Please call:
011-509-2-229-8000. Press 0 for the operator. Then let them know that you would like to speak with USCIS to schedule signing your I-600 in person." O11 is the number for US calling international. Your not in the US, right? So I'm not sure you would dial that. 509-2-229-8000 is the actual number. It took many trys before we got through so don't give up.

Now, as far as documents to take, one I600 for each child(I was also told to take extra). And a copy of your I171H. Of coarse you'll need your passports. We were being told how to fill out the I600 for Calerbe's info when we got there. And I think all Calerbe's supporting documents will be given to USCIS by our processor in Haiti when available.

If you don't have all the supporting documents I know that they can be given as you recieve them. At least that's how they do it in the states.

I hoped this helps! Terry

stephanie garcia said...

Terry, Thank you! I appreciate the information, especially the phone number. All we had so far was an e-mail address from which we've not received a response. I'm sorry you are not going now, but glad that hopefully the doctors have discovered a diagnosis for your husband. GOD bless!