7/19/08

Keep Walking

It's Quiet Here...at least at the moment. Nap Time. Even Brad is sleeping. He's been getting better, but wore out. Thank you all for praying for him.

I was feeling a little confused as to why, once I made the decision to go to Haiti, that I was prevented in doing so, again. I have been seeking, praying, asking, submitting all along, the best I could. But, I have to say that I never really got a direct answer from the Lord whether to go to Haiti or not. All I heard was "Walk". So I decided to "walk" forward. I made plans, books the flights, packed my bags, all the while praying. I remember the moment I made this decision to go, although I felt great apprehension. I remember saying, "Lord, if this is not Your will, close the door, or else I'm going." I didn't want "fear" to drive my decision, I wanted the Holy Spirit to be my drive.

I made this decision on our camping trip, the same trip Brad was bitten by the tick that possibly infected him with the virus...hmmmmmm. Was that something that God allowed? Well, obviously God allowed it or it wouldn't have happened. There is so much that we just can't understand.

I was feeling rather discouraged, and even selfish the other day, until I read this in my devotional:

Jesus Calling, July 14...

Keep Walking with Me along the path I have chosen for you. Your desire to live close to Me is a delight to My heart. I could instantly grant you the spiritual riches you desire, but that is not My way for you. Together we will forge a pathway up the high mountain. The journey is arduous at times, and you are weak. Someday you will dance lightfooted on the high peaks; but for now, your walk is often plodding and heavy. All I require of you is to take the next step, clinging to My hand for strength and direction. Though the path is difficult and the scenery dull at the moment, there are sparkling surprises just around the bend. Stay on the path I have selected for you. It is truly the path of Life.

Psalm 37:23-24 If the Lord delights in a man's way, He makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with His hand.


I am hopeful in Christ! Keep Walking!

5 comments:

One Happy Momma said...

Terry -

I just love your posts, they so inspire me. I am happy for you that you are "walking" forward and going to Haiti. I also happy to hear that Brad is feeling better.

Blessings to you -

Cathy

Kathy said...

Thanks for sharing.

Katy said...

What a blessing that you are still trusting in Him, despite the roadblocks in your path. Praying you get to be with your baby soon, and for your husband's continued healing.

A Momma in Waiting... said...

Cathy, I'm not sure I will ever make it to Haiti before it's time to bring home Asher, but I am definetely going to continue to "walk" where the Lord directs. Love....

One Happy Momma said...

Terry -

It was really really early this morning when I read your post, I'm so sorry I misread it. :(

But you still inspire me! :)

Blessings -

Cathy