9/27/08

Summer's End

The last weeks of September we decided to take Evan and Levi down the shore for the day. We really had a lot of fun! We went to the zoo...AGAIN! And it will be the last time this year. Another summer is offically over, and I wonder if we will have Asher home next summer. God only knows. I try not to make any assuptions...nothing has been easy about waiting...



I do know one thing...when Asher does finally come home, we have so much to see and do. It'll be like doing all these things for the first time...seeing it through Ashers eyes. And I can't wait!





While walking on the Ocean City Boardwalk, a big ugly rat with wings...otherwise known as a seagull, swooped down and bombed me with a big green nasty POOP! NASTY! At least it didn't get me on the head...OR FACE! I was once told it was good luck when a bird poops on you...maybe we will finally get out of parquet...

4 comments:

Kathy said...

If that is the case, I will FOR SURE be out of parquet because the lorikeets I was feeding were sitting on my arms and were little poop machines!!! Or maybe it was pee. I couldn't tell and didn't ask.

Is it getting cool there now?

I figure with Ty's grad and Jasmine's recital both May 22 and Rick's parents coming as well as my sister and her husband that the visa appt should be the 20-21st!

Gwen said...

Terry, I feel so bad, I invited you to the shore and never gave you more information - it came up on us too quick and now it is over!! (and we had NO internet service in Wildwood) What day were you at the zoo? We were there on Tuesday!!!! UGHHHH!!!! I kept wondering if we would run into each other???

Anita said...

Oh Terry! We've got to tell you the story of Mark getting MUGGED (yes, mugged) by a seagull!! HA! I think the mugging ended up being a bit nicer than what you experienced though. So glad you had some time at the beach...always refreshing...kind of wish we were closer again to one.

A Momma in Waiting... said...

Hehe, Kathy, we are bound to get out!

Gwen don't sweat it! We were actually there a couple of weeks ago. I know I made it sound like it was just last week. Sorry. When I finally posted the pictures, summer was officially over... I also have some More end of summer stuff I'm posting in a day or two...

Anita, You are so funny. I can see Mark dodging that nasty bird :-) You can't even eat french fries on the BW without them diving! I think the one that pooped on me actually laughed.... But I guess I can't complain since I've been going to the shore all my life, every summer, and don't recall ever getting pooped on... by the way, we didn't even get our feet Sandy, we just walked the boards....