9/26/08

Life!

When I was 18, I found myself pregnant. At that time I was not saved. Every voice around me told me to get an abortion. Every voice around me said it was ok. I even supported some of those voices when they themselves were pregnant and chose to terminate the pregnancy. After all, what else could they do? It's our right to chose what happens, right?

But there was another voice, deep deep within my heart that said, NO! it's not ok. This is a child. I remember the conversation clearly, even though is was almost exactly 26 years ago. The conversation with God. It finally ended with me on my knees promising that I would not kill my baby. My only regret is that so many others weren't strong enough to counter those "outside" voices. Or were talked into an abortion. I know it happens because my husband's girlfriend, at 16, was made to abort a baby boy. His son. Today we praise God for his forgiveness...

Everyday that I get to look into my Grandson Levi's eyes, I praise God for Grace and forgiveness. Had I listened to those "outside voices", he wouldn't be here to share his joy with the rest of the world. My beautiful baby girl, and her wonderful son, and husband, are a treasure and gift that we all may have missed...





I know who I'm voting for...

15 comments:

Tammie said...

Terry, thanks for sharing your heart and your past. I too know who I am voting for and can't wait for this election to be over!

Natalie said...

Thank you for sharing Terry.

Anita said...

Awww Terry....now you've just endeared yourself to me even more...like you weren't already..HA! Thank you for sharing this part of your life. I know it will touch hearts as well as continue our voice for those who cannot yet speak for themselves. Love you girl!

Kathy said...

Good for you. Did you read the nasty comment someone left on my post about the election?

kayder1996 said...

Thanks for sharing. Redemption shows up in our lives so often and is the most powerful eviedence of a God that is at work continually in our lives.
Kayla

Mark Sohmer said...

I so appreciate your honesty and transparency. THanks so much for that! And I praise God for all the babies, even the ones that some people consider "mistakes."

Lynn said...

I'm with you my friend!

A Momma in Waiting... said...

Hi Lynn, I got the youtube video from your blog :-) Terry

Nate and Brenda said...

Amen!!

Beverly said...

Thank you for sharing. How hard for you both. I have lost a cousin to abortion. it affects so many!!

Laura L. said...

Hi Terry,
I'm so thankful that you chose life!
This is a very good post, and I appreciate the fact you were willing to share.
I know how I am voting too, by the way.
Voting for those who value every life.

Blessed Mom of Four, Now Five said...

How eloquently you shared your heart, your voice, your love of life. God is good. He is our Redeemer. His mercies are new every morning.
I'm so glad He guided you to the one and only choice.
Someone dear to me could have made the wrong choice, and now she has 2 beautiful grandsons, and I love them dearly. How different life would be without them.
Love ya!

Katy said...

Thank you for sharing honestly from your heart..Praise God that you gave your daughter life..A powerful video. I know who I'm voting for too. The true Christian.

Oatsvall Team said...

I am right there w/ ya ... I know who I am voting for and ready for this election to be over so our country can focus on the issues as hand ...

have a great trip to Haiti .. I will be praying ...

This is our story... said...

I agree Terry!

I too had a baby very young and had to make that decision. Many people tried to tell me I was making a huge mistake by having her. Today she is 13 and I am SO happy that I didn't listen. She is so precious and has made my life so very beautiful.