10/24/08

The Prayer...

At some point during the last couple months I began to pray somewhat differently... Although my prayers often encompass many details and many words, only one thing is needed... to sit at the feet of Jesus and believe HIM! BELIEVE HIM! So after all those words...I sit at His feet and listen, worship, listen. That's my heart. That's why this song is playing on my blog right now. I've taught the chorus to my 3 year old and he wants to sing it every night before bed, Praise you Jesus!

Saviour, He can Move the Mountains, My God is Mighty to save, He is Mighty to save! Forever, Author of Salvation, He rose and concurred the grave, Jesus concurred the grave!

I've been reading in Luke 18 about the persistent widow and the unjust judge. How she would not stop bothering him until she got justice. And before that I was reading in Luke 11:5-10 about the persistent friend who needed something in the middle of the night...and got it because of the man's persistence, his boldness!

Ask, seek, knock... and don't stop... Go check it out yourself and BELIEVE HIM! And make sure you tell HIM that you believe HIM. Say it loud if you have to. I know I sometimes need to shout it to believe it myself.... Get excited because HE IS...! Then go and do as Mary did...sit at His feet believing...
Oh heart of mine, no complaining, God is already there!

5 comments:

kayder1996 said...

On the David Crowder Band Collison CD, there is a song that sings very slowly over and over "Come and listen to what I've done. Come and sit a while with Me." It is such a great reminder to quiet yourself and really sit with God and let Him tell you what He's done. I did that one day this week and God just brough this movie like scene into my head with all the things He's done for my family, all the things He's done for others, and all the things He accomplished in the Bible.

Katy said...

I love it!! Thanks Terry!! A Week from today we will be holding our babies!! Yahoo!

Mark Sohmer said...

Great song. We sing it a lot at our church. Next week we have a Missions Conference and the children's choir will be singing this song and performing it in sign language at the same time. Imagine those beautiful little voices praising God in song!

I can't wait to hear your updates from meeting your adorable little guy. :)

Praying for you...

Blessed Mom of Four, Now Five said...

Hey Friend,
Praying for you....What day do you leave?
Robbie

Mary said...

terry,
can you email me at jmmsheard@yahoo.com? I wanted to see if i might be able to overnight you something to take to kenley.
thanks,
mary