1/29/09

Revelation clarification...Part 2

My prior post isn't necessarily related to this adoption specifically. It's more about me and God. It's probably bigger than that. As it unfolds I know I'll share...but for now it all remains a bit out of focus. I mean, there is this BIG picture, one I've seen glimpses of all my life, as I've tried to listen for the voice of the Lord, the leading for the Holy Spirit...but even so, I've made some wrong turns.

The other day I was driving down the road and the song Revelation came on the radio by Third Day. I've heard this song many times before, but I guess I didn't listen. The first verse struck me so hard that I began to cry. It was like someone reached deep within my heart and pulled something out of me that I did even know existed. This has been my prayer ever since. "Lord, give me Revelation, show me what to do." Oh how I wish I could go into details, but it's just too big and encompasses everything. Including adoption.

You are all such wonderful friends and prayer warriors. I know you are praying, thank-you. I am covered. And for the most part, I feel the Lord's peace. But I know there is "something" I'm missing. I don't want to miss what God is saying. To Me, to my family. "Something". To further the Gospel of Jesus Christ. "Something". Give me Revelation... Direction...

5 comments:

Bill and Christina said...

One day this will be your awesome testimony!

Christina

Anita said...

Terry, I have NO doubt that the Lord will give that Revelation to you as you continue to be on your knees seeking HIM! I can't wait to watch and see what the Lord is doing even now. Love ya!

Tammie said...

Terry, I have re-read your post several times now and even taken some time to pray before responding to it. I want to remind you not to focus to much on the fact that you feel like you are "missing" His revelation. I know in my own life sometimes I get focused on what I think I am missing an not on Him, and then I do miss what He is trying to say to me until I re-focus on Him again. I am not saying you are doing this, but I would not be obedient if I didn't type it. I am praying for you and can't wait to see what God is doing in you and through you as He reveals Himself to you!

Terry said...

Yes Tammie, you are so right!

Natalie said...

It seems like so often the most confusing times are right before the moment of total clarity. Praying you get that soon.