2/24/09

My Wonderful Friends...

The Lord has blessed me with awesome friends...cyber friends as well and real time...who have answered the call and challenges to adopt. Over the past few years I've had the opportunity to get to know a family that doesn't live too far from us. We met them just after our adoption journey to Evan, as they had just brought their 2nd child home with Down Syndrome from Hong Kong. I've watched this gracious and loving family grow from 6 children to 7 (added a daughter from Liberia) and now they are in the midst of a journey to 2 more wonderful toddlers from EE. Both with Down Syndrome. They are a remarkable and humble family with a heart for the orphan. They are truly reaching out with the love of Jesus to "the least of these". Visit their blog here, and consider giving a small donation.

. Irina & Luke
Grab This Button

4 comments:

Bill and Christina said...

When I look at other countries and the adopt rules they seem to very limiting on the number of children that you have at home and yet I see many large families that have grown through adoption. I am curious as to how they are able to do this.
Christina

Bill and Christina said...

Oh I love the new background!

Kathy said...

I just made a donation.

Package arrived today and is in the pile for Haiti.

Anita said...

It's LOVEY Award Day for you...again!! :) Come check it out when you have time! HUGS!!