2/4/09

Woke up this morning...

...to this! Now I know for most of you you're saying "so what". But for us here in south Jersey, it's a major event!


Brad took a day off of work (he had one coming), and Bradley's classes were canceled. So what did the boys do? Played!
It only took about 20 minutes to convince Evan to wear his boots...and another 30 talk him into all the layers of clothing. With much crying, and nashing of teeth, he did it! (the crying was about wanting to go out but not wanting to "prepare" for the cold)
But once the snowball fight took place, and the snow fort was being built, he soon realized what all the clothing was about.
Eating the snow, yum! But stay away from the yellow stuff!
They even built a mini sledding hill perfect for preschoolers...it wasn't very hard since the yard is on an angle :-)

Mom had equal the amount of fun sitting by her toasty fire and occasionally looking out the window to wave...perfect morning!

8 comments:

Jodie said...

Looks like you got a good batch of the white stuff! We haven't had much this year, and what we have had has been really dry (not good for snowmen).

Blessed Mom of Four, Now Five said...

I didn't say, "So what," I said, "I wish we could see some." And, I would love to sit inside by a cozy fire and wathch the fun outside the window.
Love ya',
Robbie

Bill and Christina said...

How pretty! I like you would enjoy it from the inside. I love to look at the snow but do NOT want to be in the cold.

Christina

Kathy said...

Brrr.

Laura L. said...

It does look pretty! Looks like they had a great time. I'm sure you all did enjoy having snow.

The novelty of it her in MN has worn off I'd say. :)

Lynn said...

Looks like they had a blast... and Terry... you are my kind of women... toasty and warm... hot drink in hand... camera at the ready!!!! After all... pictures are important... right?

Anita said...

WOWWEEE!!! Look at all that snow...that is a HUGE event for South Jersey. If only you could bottle it up and bring it back out when you feel like a good 'ol snow day. LOL!!! Looks like everyone had fun. HUGS!

Dawn S. said...

Aww, I am glad you all enjoyed the snow, and I think it is funny, I mean SWEET, that there was no school. (Sorry, in Minnesota nothing ever shuts down, so I am just jealous!!)