3/18/09

Preschool Theology

Have you ever found peace in the wisdom of preschool theology...I'm so thankful for simplicity...

...My 3 year old son Evan and I were recently discovering how God takes care of us and provides for us food, shelter...and someone to love us like Mommy and Daddy. We also talked about how He cares for animals and different animal homes. Here's some pictures of a little project Evan and I did on animal homes. We made a birds nest.
Such a cute model! In case you wanted to try this with your preschooler, here's what we did...










First we collected small twigs, leaves, grass, from the back yard....

Then I used a paper lunch bag and rolled down the sides to make the nest form...





We learned that the mother bird will use mud and saliva to put her nest together. Since I was short on bird saliva, I used glue to adhere the sticks and leaves onto the paper bag.




And there you have it!





*Preschooler Words to remember: "God takes good care of me."

During this little project the Lord spoke to my heart. We did this during a time that we weren't sure if Brad was going to have a job. Times are tough right now and many are losing jobs and financial security. And that insecurity filled our hearts...we were fearful for the future. But God spoke to me His Truth through a simple preschool lesson. This is what he reminded me of:

*He provides for the sparrows and the lilys of the fields. And how much more valuable are we. Don't worry(Matt 6:25-34)
*He gives to us safety and protection...because He is our Parent, our Daddy. (Psalm 91: 1-4, Psalm 17:8&9, II Thess 3:3)
*We have our security in Christ

*Mom's words to remember: "God takes good care of me."

4 comments:

Lena Wright said...

Beautiful words for their simplicity. Thanks for the reminder!

Salzwedel Family said...

What a great lesson for us all.

Laura L. said...

Amen, to these verses!

Love how bright and "springy" your blog looks.

Anita said...

Thanks Terry!! Love the Preschool Theology....sounds like we all need a bit of that every now and then! :) HUGS!