4/20/09

"Did you hear anything yet?"


Over and over I hear this question every Sunday at church. I find myself explaining the adoption process in Haiti each week to another inquirey friend...and the often lack of process. The country, the conditions, Asher's health issues, etc., are discussed. But I'm not bitter about it when they ask. I realize that I have many well meaning friends and family, who love our family, praying for our peanut and his homecoming. I do often get frustrated that my answer almost every week is "no we haven't heard yet" and "it will still be awhile before he comes home".

But, I know that we are all praying for this. We are building up, and not tearing down. We are praying for a country and her people-including those that hold our dossier. We are praying for our children. And I know that no matter how frustrated and discouraged I get, each day I wake up is one day closer to my son....

I know that I will need to be reminded of this post in coming weeks!

5 comments:

Kathy C. said...

Seriously, I'm giving up hope that mine will be home by Christmas. But I would love to be proved wrong of course.

Lynn said...

REFINING.... it is a hard process, and you are going through some serious refining... but God is so in control and in the end, His timing will be perfect!Hang in there friend....

Bill and Christina said...

I really don't have any words to say. I just wanted to let you know that I am here...

Christina

Luke said...

Totally! I hear ya.

~Luke

Gwen said...

In the same boat, and PRAYING!!! Maybe not the same boat, we're actually a couple steps behind ya, but still PRAYING our kids home!!! It WILL happen! : )