5/26/09

Tomorrow... Tomorrow...


Little Orphan Annie is one of my favorite musicals...And she's right about tomorrow being only a day away! And hopefully there will be sun (right now it's raining :-)

It is challenging to keep a positive attitude when thing appear so blah...But God shows me, day by day, my temporal and sometimes annoying circumstances today are nothing compared to His eternal promises...more about this in a minute.

(Pictured Brad Sr with our oldest son, Brad Jr)There is something very special happening tomorrow, Brad Sr.'s Birthday! I couldn't imagine life without my best friend. He is my knight in shining armor. Truly my hero. God Blessed me so abundantly when He paired me with this man. I plan to attempt a Banana cream pie...never made one before but it is his favorite pie and I want to try...does anyone know a good recipe? You can email me: jonesy4him@comcast.net




Also, tomorrow marks our 2 year anniversary since our dossier has been in Haiti. Brad delivered it personally on his birthday. (Here is a picture with Calerbe and Junie on his lap taken that very day he arrived. We originally considered adopting Junie...she still has a very special place in our hearts) It's crazy to think that it has been this long. Actually, we began the paperwork in January of 2007 so we've been at this for almost 2 1/2 years. I know that we aren't the only ones waiting so I won't complain. It really doesn't help to complain anyway...only makes me more crazy. So I will continue to look at the positive. Or at least attempt it:-) I know that there is good news coming. I believe that with all my heart. I can't say how I know, but I'm sure that the Holy Spirit is here with me this very moment, ministering to my heart, as His Word guards both my heart and mind!

There is a battle that wars all around us everyday...and His angels are in the thick of it on our behalf. The Good News is, WE ALREADY HAVE THE VICTORY, WE WIN! So stand in that victory!

Hang in there, those of you waiting. Hang in there and don't give up praying. "Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand."Ephesians 6:13

5 comments:

Christine said...

Waiting is so hard. No matter how long--- but I feel for you as 2 1/2 years is a long time.

A Blessed Life said...

Hey! We have the exact same timeline. We also started in January 07 and delivered our dossier early June. Maybe our babies will be home around the same time. This wait is horrendous!

Kathy C. said...

Happy birthday!!


We also have the same time line. Homestudy in Jan 07 and handed it to Cate right ahead of Brad.

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Brad! Praying this is the last time you celebrate this particular anniversary.

Katy said...

Thank you for the encouragement, Terry...praying we all have news SOON....I just want every one of these children to come home SO badly, and it is so hard to understand God's timing in the delays. Happy Birthday Brad!