6/1/09

Whew! long weekend and my feet still hurt!

We had a great weekend with the kids. We celebrated Evan's and Levi's birthday (4th & 3rd). And it was also Brads birthday last week.

Saturday was the party....A Monster Truck Party!



We play Games like Digger Dash...



Pin the tire on the Monster Truck...


Monster Truck Hot Potato...


We made Bug Jars and then searched for hidden bugs in the garden to put in our jars :-)




Then we beat up a Pinata'...

The boys had a lot of fun and so did Mom and Dad (Nana & PopPop)!




I also wanted to add a picture of Brad and his birthday pie...sweet!


I'm not sure why my feet are so sore but boy do they hurt! Must have been the bare feet all weekend and being on my feet so long!

Please bear with these random, heart thoughts....Every year that these boys grow older, I'm reminded over and over just how quickly time flies. I often look at my 3 grown children and wish that I had the foresight to see those everyday moments needed to be recognized and cherished...and they were not because they slipped by so fast. Of course there where many enjoyable times that we did document for us all to reminisce today. But I know now, too often we only see the negative in our children, especially when they become teenagers, and we waste so much time and energy trying "fix" them. We miss the good things and the God given gifts they possess. God has given us this gift of "today" to worship Him, enjoy each other, and do His work. Our children are part of that "work". And thanks be to Him that He gives us each morning to refocus our hearts and to make new commitments to Him and one another. I don't want to miss these precious moments with the kids "as long as it is called today...".

Don't worry about tomorrow....they grow so fast...enjoy them in this moment...

10 comments:

kb said...

Looks like so much fun!

Stirm Family said...

Looks like a fun party! You are right they do grow up so fast.

boom trucks said...

very nice party... have fun guyz..

Bill and Christina said...

Thank you for sharing your heart Terry. Oh and the party looks wonderful!

Christina

One Happy Momma said...

What a fun party!

I can see why your feet hurt. :)

Happy Belated Birthday to Evan, Levi and Brad!

{{HUGS}}

Cathy

Tammie said...

That is so true. Thanks for sharing your heart. Time does go by way too fast.

Kathy C. said...

What a fun theme for a boy's party.

Katy said...

What creativity!! And yes, they grow way too fast...that's what makes this adoption process so hard..sigh!

kayder1996 said...

As we have transitioned, I have often tried to remind myself "It won't be like this for long.", both as an encouragement that the hard parts of being two will pass and that things will change and I will wish for these days back. Thinking those words have made it easier for me to sit and cuddle or sit and play instead of rushing off to some task that seems important.

Laura L. said...

Looks like they had such a fun party!
Thanks for the reminder to cherish each moment. :)