7/29/09

It's Real!

"Congratulations!!!! Your dossier has received MOI approval! Your passport will now go for printing."

The moment I read those words I was stunned. I'm not sure why I was checking my personal adoptive family page on the FHG website, it wasn't yet time to get an update for July. But yesterday, I clicked on it, expecting to see June's update.

I was stunned silent for a few seconds as the words sunk in...."Your dossier has received MOI approval..." I think I may have gasped. But then my heart jumped out of my chest...IT'S REAL!

So now I'm planning, finally planning. I haven't let myself. Well, maybe a little. But each time felt let down with the long wait. I guess not planning was my way of protecting myself from disappointment.

I know that we aren't totally out of the woods yet...mistakes and misspellings can slow things down with passport printing and getting a visa. But I can finally, finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Now we need to think about how to get him home. We need to do some fundraisers and do them fast. We had money at the beginning of spring to bring Cal*rbe home but needed to use it due to Brad's hours being cut back. We are thankful he still has his job. But now we are ready for fundraising...ANY IDEAS?

Jesus, all I can say is thank you...it feels so inadequate but there are no words to express my heart right now....THANK YOU! TERRY

12 comments:

Kathy C. said...

Wooooo hooooooooooo. Get that boy home. I worry about his health issues.

Mike and Sherri said...

What Joy, Terry. rejoicing with you :-)

kayder1996 said...

WOOOOOOO HOOOO!!!!! Such good news! The money will come. I always have to tell myself that if God can get things this far along, He can surely figure out the rest.

Anita said...

Oh Terry.....I can't even tell you how excited I am to see God answer this prayer for you and for Asher!!! I feel so blessed to have been part of the prayers going up for him. I know the Lord will provide for you to bring home....no doubt about it! :) HUGS!!

Tammie said...

Terry, I am so excited for you too!

myperfectlyimperfectfamily said...

Yipee!!!!!! I can't wait to see your first "home pictures"!!!!!! Best wishes and keep me posted!!!

Christen Beaudoin

Katy said...

Oh thank you Jesus...time to bring little Asher HOME.

Lena Wright said...

wooohooooo! Great news....

Anonymous said...

so happy for you!!!!....we are still in the quagmire of moi.....

keri

Gwen said...

CONGRATULATIONS and Praise the Lord!!!!
I am so happy that I checked your blog tonight!!!!! : )
Praying we're right behind you, Or not too far behind you!
Any idea how long it is taking from this point, until he comes home?
Praying for finances to come in!!
How about a "spaghetti dinner"?!

Salzwedel Family said...

Congratulations on your wonderful news! I am praying for the finances to come in quickly and that all approvals needed go smoothly. Exciting!!!!

One Happy Momma said...

Oh Terry -

I am crying joys of excitement for you and Brad!!!

My suggestion for a fundraiser is a spaghetti dinner, email me and I'll be happy to let you know how and how much we made. :)

Blessings and hugs -

Cathy