9/4/09

Change of Status...

Blog post: http://www.ourfamadventure.blogspot.com/ to see entire post go to link.

Today we sent another signed and notarized form to Haiti to get Asher's visa. And it appears he will enter the US with IR4 status and not IR3 status as we had hoped. All that means is he will not be a citizen of the USA until we readopt him (long boring story-if you really want to know it email me).

Boy this has been a roller coaster but we are still right there and ready! I actually see the Lord's hand in all this. He is Faithful. Just before we found out Asher's file was out of MOI, Brad had started a job at work that would consume many hours of his time. Since he is the one traveling to Haiti to receive his son, it may have been a little crazy trying to pick him up. But we weren't too worried at the time as we thought we had plenty of time. Then shortly after that we found out Asher was approved for his passport, and a few days after that it was printed. OK, we got very nervous. Did I mention that Brad is working 7 days a week, OT, and over night? Crazy. But this job is also bringing the much needed extra money we need to bring him home.

Of course, if we were told to pick him up, Brad, although delirious, would be on the next plane. Well, this job is finally coming to an end next week. And then his normal work hours will be in place. So I am relieved that he did not need to travel during this hectic schedule.

We do want to bring my baby home. And we are Praying Asher doesn't get sick. I'm not happy about having to readopt under a deadline (does anyone know how quick I need to do this?) But at least we know that our son's name is going to be Asher Calerbe (see prior post). God confirms this over and over and we have no reason not to add Asher now. Readoption is not optional now :-) God will supply all we need!

7 comments:

Kathy C. said...

At least the decision has been made. We will probably readopt just to have American paperwork.

Anita said...

Rollercoaster for sure, Terry....but in the midst of the craziness it's still all under control. Amazing how our Lord does it, huh? Does keep our heads a spinnin' tho!!! LOL!! And He also answered your questions about Asher's name by the need for readoption....another answer to prayer. And just like He is supplying all you need to bring your boy HOME....it will all be there to readopt too. :) Love you my friend! I'm so glad to read this post tonight as I've had you on my mind so much waiting to hear an update and not wanting to bug you! :) HUGS!

kayder1996 said...

Well I'm thankful God answered your wonders about the name. But why did you have to do the IR3? You both met him; isn't that the qualifier? (You don't have to answer that if you don't want; I'm just curious.)

God's Grace said...

Kayla, It appears that you have to see your children before you enter Judgement now. We entered last Oct...and I left for Haiti on Oct 31st... But I'm just offering it up and counting it all joy. Really, I just want him home now. We'll take care of the rest once he's here and in our arms.

Anita, trust me gf, you will be one of the first to know any real "news!"

Rose Anne said...

Terry,
Thank God !
Just get that baby home....
Here in Mn I don't think there is a timeline but you will want to do it so that he will have a birth certificate with you as his parents and a US passport also so that you can get his SS Card.
Praying to hear about the homecomming VERY soon!
God Bless,
Rose Anne

Tammie said...

Terry, this is such a cool story. To see Gods hand moving through this is sucha testimony. Thanks for sharing it all with us.

Julie said...

I keep hoping to hear you have that appointment! Soon!