12/16/09

Oh so close to Christmas

We started decorating right after Thanksgiving. Still seems kinda surreal that Asher is home...and helping to decorated for Christmas! My little pencil tree in the family is the first to get decorated. I don't think I have a picture of the finished product yet...I'll work on that. Last year I bought this little tree to sit in the corner of my familyroom. It's very skinny so doesn't take up space. Needless to say the men in this house really bulk about it, saying it's not a real tree, but I love it. We also put a live tree in the livingroom which appease the boys :-)
Asher had a good time although really didn't have a clue what was going on...
All his decorations went on the same branch.
Evan decided to have a Christmas Hayride with the fisher price people and the fisher price nativity set...
These guys are waiting their turn...you can see baby Jesus is waiting with Ronald McDonald and a Wiseman :-)
Who's next for the hayride!









December is also my birthday month! Lot's of help blowing out those candles!

And we also made ornaments one day...I have pictures of the finished product but those will have to wait until next post.









We Light Advent Candles with the kids every year. Of course we do it in a very relaxed and non traditional way, but we love it! It gives an opportunity to tell them about the birth of Christ, why he was born, and that he's coming back!

they play with the Nativity while we tell them the story of His birth...this was the first candle...






Asher got his first taste of Christmas Lights! This night was so cold so we didn't spend too much time outside!


Bringing in the tree! And you can see Asher is cleaning up with the vacuum..."wait a minute honey, let me hook that up for you!"






And we also have part II birthday for Me! I feel so special...

7 comments:

One Happy Momma said...

I just love reading your posts. :)

Thank you for sharing your family! :)

Blessings and hugs -

Cathy

AmyLynn said...

and a shout out to your AWESOME daughter who made that yummy birthday cake for you!

Kathy C. said...

Love the hayride--baby Jesus and Ronald McD. That is too funny!

kayder1996 said...

I love what their little brains think of...the hayrack ride and the ornaments on one branch. Sweet memories to savor.

Katy said...

LOVE the photos and the hayride....hilarious.

God's Grace said...

Oh Yes, my daughter Amy is the bestess daughter in the whole world and made me the bestess cake! I love you sweetie!

Julie said...

Yeah for family firsts this year!Merry Christmas to you all!