1/15/10


By now I'm sure everyone has heard about the earthquake in Haiti. My heart has been so sad and hurt for those people. When we adopted Asher, we didn't just adopt one little boy into our family and hearts, we adopted a country. Praying for Beauty from Ashes.

I knew my son was blessed, that's why we call him Asher(blessed) :-) But each day I find out more and more how blessed he is. Not only because he is here, although that is definitely a blessing from God to all of us, but because the calling on his life is so evident. God's sovereignty is all over this little boy. His hand is on Asher...this child has an anointing...

I'm praying for Haiti, we are all praying for Haiti. And my baby son seems totally oblivious to it all...playing, laughing, learning to share. sometimes I don't think it's fare he's been spared when many children are dead or without a family. What happens to them now?



But most of the time I am just overwhelmed with gratitude and thanksgiving to God, understanding how Blessed we truly are.

2 comments:

Laura L. said...

I'd been thinking about you guys. I knew you'd be so heartbroken for Haiti. I know it must be precious to you.
I've been praying for those there.
Asher is such a special blessing and yes, God does have extraordinary plans for him.
Prayers.

Lynn said...

Know your heart is breaking... been praying... we've sponsored a young man in Haiti for years.... I believe it was 2003 when we "got" him. We haven't heard anything as of yet, still waiting.... and praying....

Also, I've tagged you on my blog... head on over...