1/6/10

Ephesians 3:16-19 and some mixed thoughts


My mind has left me these past chilly weeks during the holidays-it has went on vacation. Very difficult to concentrate. Is it winter? Is it my poor nutrition over the holidays? All I know is that I can't focus on anything. I'm not depressed...life is rather wonderful at the moment. Of course there are always those piddly problems that I COULD complain about, but I won't. I know this will pass....maybe its the winter doldrums. For some reason I can remember posting the same thing this time last year.

I'm attempting a Daniels fast right now. Of course, fasting without praying is rather pointless to me. I'm having trouble with this...I mean, I am praying. But finding it difficult really seeking God. The kids are up in the middle of the night and I'm sure that's also contributing to my doldrums. This too shall pass. And I'm pressing into seeking the Lord with prayer and fasting. Hearing his voice and pressing into His will is where I want to be.

So here are my random thoughts. I felt I needed to write them down to make some kind of sense...in my own mind :-)

There are 9 scriptures I'm focusing on. I feel like I should add one more to make it a nice round 10! Anyway, I'll be focusing on these for the next 3 weeks. Todays verse is in Ephesians...

3:16-19 "...I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."

This is truly my prayer for you. For my children, for my family, for my husband and children....for myself - to be "rooted and established (or grounded) in love", His Love. I want to understand this, really understand what this Love is. And I pray that "Christ may dwell in your hearts" today.

In 2010, "things" with happen...good, bad, etc...and before we know it we will be celebrating, once again, at the end of the year. Lord willing. So as long as it is called TODAY I pray to be an encouragement to you, family, friends, every day.

Lord give me strength and help me to focus on You, giving You the first fruits of 2010. Expand our tent pegs Lord as we strive to be BOLD for Christ in 2010!

Please leave me a prayer request as I'll be praying for you for the next few weeks...God Bless you if you've read this far...

3 comments:

Salzwedel Family said...

Thanks for sharing! I've also been experiencing a season of the doldrums. I feel like I'm being told to go deeper with God and relationships - to be vulnerable and skip the superficial. If you have any suggestions for that I would welcome them!

My prayer request is, of course, for our adoption. Please pray that Mercy's passport is printed soon and that we will have no financial barriers to bringing her home. Thank you!

Blessed Mom of Four, Now Five said...

You are and have been a sweet encouragement to me, dear Sister!
And, when my sleep is interrupted, I am absolutley NOT my best.

My prayer....to be a better wife, more pleasing to the LORD. I really believe I am a far better mother, and that's backwards.

Love ya!

Katy said...

I love those verses!!!!