5/12/10

Let your gentleness be evident to all...


This paperwork is giving me a headache...literally. I've had a headache almost the entire time we've been working on it. And why do people have to be so rude? I just don't understand it. But I know for the most part, it's all a test of perseverance. Before we started this journey the Lord spoke this passage of scripture to my heart...

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. (Phil 4:4&5)

Now I've always read the rest of this passage ("Do not be anxious..."so on and so on...it's great stuff if you've never read it, read it now! Starts in Philippians 4:6) and I memorized it, and meditated on it many many times in my life...but I never paid too much attention to these two verses, especially "let your gentleness be evident to all". The word "gentleness" is actually the same word used in Greek for forbearance & graciousness. FORBEARANCE & GRACIOUSNESS....HMMMMM. Yes Lord, I need these in Holy Spirit measure because I'm anything but gracious and forbearing. I'm anything but gentle. But you're teaching me. Help be to be patient and to REJOICE! because You ARE near. I want YOU to be evident to ALL in me.

So I AM CHOOSING to REJOICE in you Lord, ALWAYS!!! not just when things are going well...What struggles are you experiencing? God knows, He hears, and nothing happens here on this earth that hasn't passed through His hand first. Let Him minister to you. Let Him be God. Allow Him to work on your behalf while you REJOICE! in Him always.

2 comments:

One Happy Momma said...

Exactly what I need to hear.

Thank you!

Blessings-

Cathy
http://becauseweareled.blogspot.com/

Bill and Christina said...

You go girl!