1/25/11

Whirlwind of Praise:)

After I reread this, I realized that not everyone understands what some of the Acronyms are sorry!

TA=Formal Travel Approval from China -I can go get my daughter!

CA=Consulate appointment to file her immigration/citizenship papers - so when she enters the US she will be a citizen 

Well,...if you hadn't already heard...We Got TA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Got it yesterday! Needless to say my mind was in a whirl-wind! Excited, joyous, anxious, nervous, upset...I went from extreme happiness to extreme despair knowing I DIDN'T HAVE THE MONEY I NEEDED! We put all we could on credit cards. We plan to use our 2010 tax return money...but that only covers part of the money needed-and I don't have that yet! Then this morning I found out our CA appointment is March 2nd which means I would need to leave Feb 18th. I cried. How could I possibly go? So I walked around praying for that miracle. Not only could I not go on the 18th, I had no idea when I'd be able to! I got up before everyone this morning and prayed for this day. I knew I had to make some decisions and had no idea what to do...I needed a Miracle. "God I don't want to focus on this huge amount of $$ we don't have.  I just want to be obedient to you. You know what miracle I need-my cause has not been disregarded(then I read in Isaiah 40:27-31)! If there be anything in me that is not good, purge it out"...that was my prayer. Then I just worshipped him.

Off and on I continued to be anxious today but I managed to get through homeschooling. At one point the thought came to me, "even if I make a mistake, God will work it out for good." That truth comforted me and helped me make the decision to reschedule my CA appointment for a later date for more time to come up with the money. And maybe by then, when Brad goes back to work, he'll have the opportunity to work some OT...

In case you didn't know, my husband had unexpected surgery in December and has be on disability since. He goes back to work in a couple weeks...well, he's actually going back the same week I was supposed leave...ok, back to my dilemma :p

 I went to the computer to send off a few emails including one to my agency explaining my need to change my CA appointment. As I opened my email I realize there was a GRANT AWARD email staring me in the face! God showed up in a Big Big way!!!! wooohoooo! It doesn't cover everything but a HUGE portion! I still may need to postpone my trip due to disbursement. But, Oh, God you are good! God spoke to me as I jumped out of my seat screaming and crying in joy....

"I have it all covered, stop worrying"....He does, he really does! I'm very hopeful today!

9 comments:

Anita said...

Praise GOD, PRAISE GOD!!! Just so happy to see how the Lord has shown up, Terry!!

The Kings said...

Praising God With You!!

Nate and Brenda said...

Love it!! So happy for you!!! When we are being obedient God will NOT let us hang!

kayder1996 said...

=)

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

So, can I shout Praise the LORD again? I'm so excited...I was getting so sleepy and ready for bed early...then I read your post on COP......Yippee, Jesus!

Sherry said...

Terry - I LOVE LOVE LOVE how our God is in the miracle business!! Just rejoicing with you and praising Him for showing his glory in a big way! I'm beaming ear to ear just thinking about how good He is! I would LOVE if you were able to travel with us. :) (We are leaivng 3/18 for a 3/29 CA.) I know God has the day already appointed for both of our girls to come home.
Blessings,
Sherry Semlow www.semlowadoption.blogspot.com

Blessed mom said...

I just knew "it" would come!!! Some way, some how, the money would come. Only God!! He's amazing! So happy for you Terry.

Anita V.

China Dreams said...

Congratulations!

Ruby

Stephanie said...

Yes! Praising and rejoicing with you.